Job ID: R-95790
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
We are looking for an experienced Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager (EHSS) to drive outstanding performance in a diverse and rapidly growing manufacturing environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for leading key EHSS programs, partnering with clients to advance their safety culture and performance.
You will have a strong background in of all EHSS subject areas and be able to support business clients with input from other EHSS authorities at the site and from within the Amgen EHSS community. Advanced expertise is required in several of the following disciplines to serve as program owner and subject matter authority.
- Industrial Safety
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Culture Development
- Lead and manage assigned programs and act as the site subject matter expert
- Apply a Plan, Do Check, Act management systems approach to continuous improvement of programs and to achieve outstanding performance
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all assigned programs and liaise with regulatory authorities as appropriate
- Implement robust compliance readiness and internal auditing program for each program
- Provide regular updates to Global Program owners and EHSS Site Lead on the status of each program
- Partner with assigned clients to drive world class EHSS performance.
- Execute safety culture program to integrate EHSS as part of day to day client operations.
- Analyze metrics and establish annual action plans to ensure continuous improvement.
- Establish and execute risk assessment plans for clients to proactively address risks and control systems are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all changes with potential EHSS impact are assessed and controls are established prior to implementation
- Ensure all hazards are identified and risks are proactively assessed
- Establish safe work procedures for hazardous work, including conducting work area inspections
- Monitor incident trends and conduct incident investigations to implement robust corrective actions to prevent future incidents and injuries
- Conduct regular EHSS management reviews with Client Leadership
Master's degree and 3 years of EHSS experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of EHSS experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of EHSS experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of EHSS experience
- Strong understanding of biotech manufacturing operations
- Ability to partner with and effectively influence staff and management
- Knowledge of US and Rhode Island regulations as they pertain to pharma/ biotech operations
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of EHS principles and standard methodologies, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities.
- Strong communication, presentation skills, program development and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.