Fire Sprinkler Technician
Job ID: 2019-2136
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management
SJS Executives, LLC is currently looking for a talented plumber/fire sprinkler tehcnician.
- Services sprinkler systems, which include electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or electronic units and devices that detect, indicate or regulate pressure, temperature and similar values and relationships.
- Performs pretests to determine the extent and location of malfunctioning equipment, energizes system, components, and conducts operational checks, including test of input and output from or to related system components.
- Checks mechanical parts for damage, proper operation and wear.
- Repairs or replaces faulty parts and adjusts all moving parts and controlling devices within the simulated system.
- Assist engineering personnel in resolving issues and problems regarding the installation, modification and maintenance of fire sprinkler systems.
- Checks for and repairs leaks in water and air lines, checks water flow rate, resets trip valves, checks water flow alarms, packs, lubricates and replaces gate and globe valves, renews valve gaskets and seats, and replace defective gauges.
- Plugs and/or jumps out station fire alarm boxes wired into Fire Alarm Headquarters and checks for proper operation while tests are being made.
- When working on dry pipe systems (Closed Heads), uses stop-clock to test the time it takes for water to reach the inspectors test valve and then uses the stop clock to test the water flow rate.
- Checks water flow alarms.
- Checks and adjusts quick-tripping exhauster and globe valves.
- Checks and cleans retarding chamber. Checks, adjusts and rests releasing mechanisms.
- Renews valve gaskets and seats.
- Makes repairs by replacing pipe, valves, fittings, sprinkler heads, electrical devices, etc., on faulty or damaged sprinkler systems.
- Works in an advisory capacity to provide adequate sprinkler protection in buildings undergoing structural changes.
- Must have working knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 13 and 25) instructions on sprinkler systems and maintenance, inspection and test procedures.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the principles of operation, assembly, construction and installation procedures of fire sprinkler systems.
- Applies a working knowledge of electrical and a thorough knowledge of mechanical pneumatic and hydraulic principles and theory to troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, modify, and test sprinkler systems and equipment, including electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic subassemblies, components, and related devices.
- Not conscientiously following proper maintenance, test and repair procedures may cause the failure of a sprinkler system to function as designed, which may cause injury or death to personnel, extensive loss or damage of government property, and interruption of essential operations.
- Receives work assignments in the form of written or oral work orders and instructions.
- Valid State Driver's License
- U.S. Citizen
- Able to pass background/drug screen
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II certification
- Moderate lifting up to 40 pounds is required
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs. PI120362552