Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Job ID: 2020-2311
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Trades
SJS Executives is currently seeking a talented Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience making repairs to a variety of heavy mobile equipment and vehicles, such as bulldozers, road graders, rollers, and similar heavy construction and earth moving vehicles such as; front-end loaders, backhoes, and similar power shovels; mobile cranes; heavy combat equipment. Also have experience with heavy special purpose vehicles, and similar equipment, utilizing gasoline or diesel power and which have mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electric systems, controls, or features not commonly found on automobiles and ordinary transport trucks and buses.
- Determines the cause of malfunctions and makes repairs to a variety of heavy mobile equipment and vehicles.
- Completes major repairs, overhauls, and modifications independently.
- Conducts functional and performance tests on completed work.
- Trace and locate defects which cause hydraulic and other major systems to fail or not perform up to specifications regarding power output, lifting capacity, speed, and pressure.
- Analyzes malfunctions and determines the extent of repairs necessary by visual and auditory examinations and by the use of a wide variety of test equipment, such as engine analyzers, dynamometers, exhaust analyzers, vacuum and fuel pump testers, injector testers, ignition timers, tachometers, voltmeters and gauges, micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators. Select and complies with technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams, schematics, and similar guides to make repairs and modifications according to specifications and procedures.
- Measures, fits, and installs components, such as pistons, valves, bearings, gears, and cylinders, to specified clearances.
- Connects, meshes, aligns, and adjusts parts and systems to assure proper operation of the complete system or vehicle.
- Adjusts pumps, power boosters, drive chains, and tension devices; synchronize remote or manual electrical and hydraulic controls; and sets timing of magnetos, distributors, injectors, and injection pumps to engine specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and skill to determine the cause of malfunctions and make repairs to a variety of heavy mobile equipment and vehicles
- Knowledge of how various mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and fuel systems work together
- Skill in using a wide variety of test procedures and equipment in tracing hard-to-locate problems;
- Skill to complete major repairs, overhauls, and modifications with little or no technical advice.
- Skill to conduct functional and performance tests on completed work assignments.
- Knowledge of the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of heavy duty systems, assemblies, and parts, including such major systems as diesel, multi-fuel, and gasoline engines
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems which have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls.
- Knowledge of electronics to identify and replace defective components, such as standard sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
- U.S. Citizen
- 3+ years of experience
- Valid Commerical A Driver's License
- Able to obtain Security Clearance
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must have clean driving record
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs. PI120362642