Job ID: R-92663
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
Amgen is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team. Reporting to a Manager of Maintenance, this position is responsible for performing maintenance and repair activities throughout the Amgen Rhode Island (ARI) site.
This is a rotational daytime shift and may include weekends and holidays
Specific duties include:
Perform maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, The Process Develop Laboratory, The Quality Analytical Laboratory or other areas of the ARI site.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with procedures. Ensure work activities are completed correctly.
- Maximize "right the first time" execution.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders. Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely.
- Identify waste, work flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Provide support when required - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Associate's degree and 2 years of Maintenance experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Maintenance experience
- 4+ years of combined education, training, and experience in mechanical maintenance with an emphasis on sanitary processing equipment and systems
- 1+ years knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems and ability to effectively perform associated maintenance activities.
- Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated function - cGMP
- Experience executing and documenting maintenance work orders in the Maximo computerized maintenance management system
- Ability to interpret P&ID's.
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and status of tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Maximo CMMS System
- Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.