Manufacturing Process Technician – Days
Job ID: R-104303
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
Rotating Day Shift (6:45am - 7pm)
Under general supervision, Manufacturing Process Technician will perform operations in the Manufacturing Services area on night shift. Operations include Equipment Prep, Dispensing, and Bulk Drug Substance (BDS). Responsible for manufacturing support activities according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Perform and monitor critical processes, execute routine validation protocols, and review documents such as Manufacturing Procedures and SOPs.
Responsibilities also include performing troubleshooting and assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions. Technician will be responsible for performing Washer and Autoclave Operations, Picking and Weigh Dispense Operations, and CIP/SIP of BDS Vessels.
- Associate's degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- Experience in Equipment Prep. (e.g. washers, autoclave)
- Experience and Knowledge of Weigh Dispense Operations
- Prior experience with process equipment, computers and intermediate mathematical skills.
- CFR and Regulatory knowledge
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
- Ability to interpret and apply GMP knowledge
- Understanding of basic chemistry, biology and physical principles
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and SAP
- Ability to demonstrate technical writing capability with Trackwise access
- Independently collaborate with outside resources
- Troubleshooting skills on Washers and Autoclaves
- Experience with CIP and SIP Operations
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.