Job ID: 2020-2247
# of Openings: 6
Category: Supply Chain/Logistics
Phone Number: (757) 502-4101
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is currently seeking a material handler position for a position in Newport, Rhode Island area.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, clawhammer, or other hand tools
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to laboratory for analysis.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using hand tools.
- Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or vehicles, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Secrect Clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid Fork Lift License
- Must be able to pass a Background check and Drug screen
- Must have a clean driving record
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs. PI120362595