Outside Sales – RI
Location: US-RI-North Kingstown | US-RI-Westerly
Emp. Status: Full Time - Regular
Union Status: Non Union
Growth position for motivated professional looking to be part of a dynamic fast paced Customer Focused team.
Opportunities available in Connecticut: Waterford & Niantic Rhode Island: Richmond, Westerly, N. Kingstown, & Middletown. Riverhead Building Supply is a leader in Quality product & Championing customer needs. Since 1948, Riverhead Building Supply has been the supplier of choice for quality-conscious builders, home owners, architects & contractors throughout Long Island, the New York Metropolitan and New England areas.
We have consistently grown and developed our organization by employing the best in the industry. We are the employer of choice for customer-focused, team-oriented employees. Riverhead Building Supply is committed to growth and building rewarding careers for dedicated individuals. Riverhead Building Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer a comprehensive & competitive compensation and benefits program.
We are presently searching for an experienced individual Sales Representative to be part of our Rhode Island team. The successful candidate will work on generating new business and servicing our existing customer base through quality, knowledgeable, and dependable service.
- Generates Sales for new and existing customers
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Displays or demonstrates product knowledge, using hands on resources.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters pertinent information into CRM based on customer interactions
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows as required
- Must demonstrate a positive, professional and courteous demeanor that represents the company professionally.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent or 3-5 years of related work experience / training
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of database software.