Senior Instrument Technician – Nights
Job ID: R-101106
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
The Senior Instrument Technician will report to a Manager of Maintenance. The Senior Instrument Technician is responsible for performing calibration, repair, installation, and troubleshooting of instruments, process control systems, and equipment used at the Amgen Rhode Island (ARI) site.
Shift: Rotating Nights (7pm - 7am)
- Perform instrument calibrations for process, utility and analytical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair site instrumentation and control system issues
- Perform advanced maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, Process Development Laboratory, Quality Analytical Laboratory, or other areas of the ARI site.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure work activities are completed correctly. Maximize right the first-time execution.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely.
- Identify waste, workflow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Provide support outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Associate's degree and 4 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience
- 8 + years of combined education, training, and experience with instrumentation and associated calibration procedures
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- Knowledge of Maximo CMMS System
- Advanced understanding of process control loops, loop checks, and loop tuning of process control systems
- Experience with Rosemount instrumentation, Foundation Fieldbus communications, and Delta V process control system
- Formal instrumentation education or training (Associates Degree, Armed Services, or other substantial technical training program(s))
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.