Senior Manager Manufacturing – Upstream
Job ID: R-102672
Location: West Greenwich, RI, US 02817
The Senior Manager Manufacturing - Cell Culture is responsible for managing the life cycle of the products at Amgen Rhode Island AR5 manufacturing facility. Responsible for overseeing all activities of new product introductions and multi-product campaigns in a compliant, agile and cost effective manner. Develop an engaged team, build technical and leadership capabilities within the organization to meet current and future business needs. Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Leading Strategy Development and Execution:
- Develop and implement departmental strategy and plans that are aligned with the broader organizational strategy
- Champion cultural transformation and institutionalize changes in process, practices, business models, governance, etc.
- Anticipate risk and build contingencies to help mitigate impact
- Deliver strong business results
- Lead and/or support Amgen global network initiatives
Building a Strong Organizational Alignment:
- Demonstrate personal credibility and build strong working relationships, break barriers and influence across organizational and/or geographical boundaries to achieve highly efficient and reliable performance
- Ensure the right people and resources are in place and optimally allocated to achieve results
- Build an environment that fosters accountability, innovation, continuous improvement, learning and knowledge-sharing
- Ensure effective decision-making and clear and timely communication
Attracting, Developing and Retaining Diverse Talent:
- Build and develop diverse, robust team
- Conduct short and long range talent planning to ensure readiness of talent to execute future organizational objectives
- Establish efficient and effective organizational structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Work across functions to build organization and individual capabilities
- Develop strong relationships with staff members, provide open and clear feedback to improve individual and team performance
Delivering Financial Commitments:
- Planning, developing and maintaining the department budget
- Appropriately allocate resources
- Conduct financial reviews to supervise business performance
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
- Master's degree and 6 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
- Associate's degree and 10 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Advanced Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- In depth business understanding of manufacturing or operations in biotechnology, biopharmaceuticals or pharmaceuticals industry
- 8+ years of experience in process development, manufacturing technical support or manufacturing operations
- 6+ years of leadership experience with 2+ years as a cross-functional team leader including experience in performance management, technical problem solving, and managing projects
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability operating in a cGMP environment
- Excellent communication skills, drive, sense of urgency, energy level and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to recommend, judge, and make good decisions in complex situations
- Ability to responsibly and professionally address difficult business and personnel issues; manage conflict effectively with demonstrated negotiating, partnering, influencing skills
- Ability to effectively develop and coach staff and team, and positively advance the culture of an organization
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.